Sunday, February 28, 2010

Whoever Has The Most Toys When He Dies Wins

Well, the above title might be what all toy collectors strive to achieve, to have the the most toys, be it new or old, the coolest or the most well-made etc.

But actually, I saw these words in the lift at the Mint Museum of Toys at 26 Seah Street. Me and dear went there for a visit last Sunday afternoon and it was a very enjoyable experience heh.

There were lots of toys to see there, spread over 5 levels. There were toys from my favorite Star Wars, Ultraman and Masked Riders, as well as toys that we grew up with like Mickey Mouse, Popeye, Batman, Superman, Tin Tin and many many more. Some toys in the museum are the only few left in the world, including this Mickey Mouse toy that cost US$35,000. One of the visitor pointed out to me that this is the most expensive toy in the whole museum... wow, that's a lot of monies for a toy!

I brought along my DSLR to shoot almost all the toys, that's my way to "Collect 'em all" without having to break the bank to bring them home ha ha! Here all some pics to share, the full set can be seen in my facebook album, check them out yah : ) ?

Bespin Cloud Car and Snowspeeder. Incidentally, this year is the 30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back

Me doing the Ultra Cross

Ultraman Toys. That's Ultraman Jack, the show used to be shown on RTM channel back in the good old days...

Masked Rider Toys

My favorite pics of the day, *k* darling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment