Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My RAH 220 Kamen Rider 1 Repaired!


Recently while trying to extract the body from the costume of my Medicom RAH 220 New Kamen Rider 1 figure, I accidentally ripped out the two green "leaves" at the back!!!


Above is a pic of the said green "leaves". Apparently, this is a common problem with Kamen Rider figures. The two pieces will start to flaked off with age, and eventually come off the costume when one tries to take it off the body. By now, I was already feeling stupid for trying to take the costume off as the damage made to the figure was not worth the effort! I also discovered that the front chest piece of the figure got ripped out...Oh No!


Thank heavens a fellow toy collector friend, Mr CY recommended me a place where I can get it repaired professionally. Here are the pics of the figure repaired.


Mr Jonathan from Custom Workz did a superb job! He used two pieces of leather cut to the exact shape of the original "leaves" and painted it the exact color as the original and stuck the pieces firmly on the costume. The chest piece was also stuck securely back onto the costume. I must say he not only repaired the costume but also made it more solid and sturdy! I highly recommend Custom Workz to those that need to have their toys repaired or customized. Customz Workz is located at Golden Mile Tower, #01-43. Visit their blog at http://custom-workz.blogspot.com/ and see all the amazing works!


Rider 1 is now back to his former glory! Next up, New Kamen Rider 2 and Shocker Rider will appear on this blog, stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment